【GMAT阅读热门素材】我们都应思考一下在大学时代选择创业还是安分守己做学生

互联网2016-05-17 11:49:34

3519
问题相似?试试立即获取解答吧~
摘要:对于中国考生来说,GMAT阅读一直是一个很头疼的问题。归根结底还是词汇量稍有欠缺。美国《新闻周刊》是一个内容广泛的新闻类周刊,1933年正式在美国出版发行,其新闻涵盖社会多个方面,当中文章更是囊括了丰富的词汇。所以可以通过阅读《新闻周刊》来丰富自己的词汇量,从而更好地进备考。

Yet, when it comes to starting startups,

说到创业

a lot of people seem to think they're supposed to start them in college.

很多人觉得在大学期间就得开始创业

Are you crazy? And what are the universities thinking?

这些人疯了吗?大学的领导们是怎么想的?

They go out of their way to ensure that their students are well supplied with contraceptives.

领导们费了好大劲,防止学生“搞”出乱子来

And yet they're starting up entrepreneurship programs and startup incubators left and right.

他们怎么可能开设创业项目,为学生创业保驾护航

To be fair, the universities have their hand forced here.

学校的确是有难处

A lot of incoming students are interested in startups.

很多潜在新生对创业感兴趣

Universities are at least defacto, supposed to prepare you for your career.

学校得负责为你们做好职业规划准备

And so, if you're interested in startups,

因此,如果学生对创业感兴趣

it seems like universities are supposed to teach you about startups.

貌似学校就得教你创业

And if they don't, maybe they loose applicants to universities.

如果学校不教你,申请的学生就少了

You do claim to do that.

说的有道理

So, can universities teach you about startups?

那么,学校会教给你创业吗?

Well, if not what are we doing here?

答案明摆着,如果不会的话,我们在这干嘛?

Yes and no, as I explain, they can teach you about startups, but this is not what you need to know.

答案既是肯定的又是否定的,学校会教给你创业,但是教的东西却不是你需要知道的

Essentially, what universe, if you wanna learn French, universities can teach you linguistics.

如果你想学法语,学校就教给你语言学

That's what this is. This is a linguistics class.

如果这是一门语言课

Right? We're teaching you about how to learn languages.

我会教你怎么学习语言

And what you need to know is like, how to learn a particular language?

你需要知道的就是,怎么学一门语言

What you need to know, are the needs of your own users.

关于创业,你需要知道的是顾客的需求

You can't learn those, until you actually start the company.

你只有开了公司才能明白

And starting a company, which means that starting a startup is something, and you can intrinsically only learn by doing it.

创立一家公司后才能明白,意味着,在创业中实践出真知

And you can't do that in college for the reason I just explained,

我刚才解释了,为什么不能在大学时创业

that startups take over your entire life.

创业会占据你生活的全部

If you start a startup in college,

如果在大学时创业

If you start up a startup as a student, you can't start up a startup as a student,

你以学生的身份创业,你不能以学生的身份创业!

because if you start a startup you're not a student anymore.

因为一旦你开始创业,你就得辍学了

You may be nominally a student, but you won't even be that for much longer.

可能名义上可能还是学生,但是很快就不是了

So, given this dichotomy, which of the two paths should you take?

面临以下两条道路,你会选哪条?

Be a real student and not start a startup or start a real startup and not be a student.

做个学生,不创业,还是开始创业,不再是学生

Well I can answer that one for you. I'm talking to my own kids here.

如果你是我的孩子,我会为你选一条

Do not start a startup in college.

我选“做个学生,不创业”

I hope I'm not disappointing anyone, seriously, honestly.

希望你们不要失望

Starting a startup could be a component of a good life for a lot of ambitious people,

对于有野心的人来说,创业是美好生活的一部分

but this is just part of a much bigger problem that your trying to solve.

这同时也是你面临的更重要的问题的一方面

How to have a good life, right,

这个问题就是,如何拥有美好生活

and though starting a startup could be a good thing to do at some point,

在某个人生阶段创业是件好事

20 is not the optimal time to do it.

20岁却不是创业的黄金时代

There are things, that, that you can't, there are things you can do in your early 20s,

有些事只能在20多岁的时候做

that you cannot do as well before or after,

之前或之后都不行

like plunge deeply into projects on a whim that seem like they have no payoff.

投入到一个有趣的项目中,不计回报

Or travel super cheaply with no sense of a deadline.

或是,不限期地穷游

In fact those are really just isomorphic shapes in different domains.

这些事情“形”虽不同,但是“神”似

For unambitious people this sort of thing can be the dreaded failure to launch.

对于没有野心的人来说,做这些事情是失败的象征

But for the ambitious ones,it's a really valuable sort of exploration.

对于有野心的人来说,却是很有价值的探索

And if you start a startup at 20, and you're sufficiently successful, you will never get to do it.

如果你20岁就开始创业,并且成功了,你就无法体会到我所说的事情的乐趣了。

(内容转载可可英语,做英语学习交流之用。如有任何问题,请联系小站管理员。)

看完仍有疑问?想要更详细解答?

相关推荐